If you’re thinking about starting your own WordPress website or blog, you should do some research on the best WordPress hosting. There is a significant difference between mediocre hosting platforms and the very best WordPress hosting available on the market.
We analyzed and tested some of the most popular WordPress hosting setups and are sharing our findings here. Check out the table below to get a general idea of how different hosting companies compare, and then read the individual reviews if you want to learn more.
Check out the table below to get a general idea of how different hosting companies compare, and then read the individual reviews if you want to learn more.
Top 5 WordPress hosting
Bluehost is one of the leading web hosting providers for WordPress. It offers reliable and secure hosting services for WordPress websites. With Bluehost, you can get a range of features such as unlimited website storage, free domain name registration, daily backups, and 24/7 customer support.
Bluehost’s WordPress hosting plans are designed to meet the needs of both small businesses and large enterprises. The platform provides an easy-to-use control panel that allows users to manage their websites with ease. Additionally, Bluehost offers a variety of security measures to ensure that your website is safe from malicious attacks and cyber threats.
Here are the Bluehost pros and cons that we discovered.
- Pricing: Their hosting plans are well within most users’ budgets, especially those who are just getting started. And there are no hidden charges when you sign up for your account.
- Constancy: They power a large number of websites with minimal downtime.
- Free Domain: When you sign up, you will receive a free domain name for the first year.
- Free CDN + SSL: Each website receives a free SSL certificate as well as a free Cloudflare CDN to help block malware and improve security.
- Money Back Guarantee: All plans come with a 30-day money back guarantee.
- Higher Domain Renewal Cost: Their free domain renewal cost is higher than the industry average.
- Pricing: Only has a 12 or 36 months plan.
Dreamhost is a leading web hosting provider that offers top-notch WordPress hosting services. With its reliable and secure servers, it ensures that your website is always up and running. It also provides you with an intuitive control panel where you can manage all aspects of your WordPress website with ease.
Additionally, Dreamhost offers a variety of features such as automatic backups, one-click installations, unlimited storage space and more to help you get the most out of your WordPress site. With Dreamhost’s powerful hosting solutions, you can easily create and manage a professional website for your business or blog.
There are some pros and cons of Dreamhost
- Free Domain and Privacy Protection: Every DreamHost plan includes one free domain name registration as well as domain privacy, which ensures that your contact information is not made public on the internet.
- Free SSL: Providing a free SSL certificate to protect your site with HTTPS
- Free Email Hosting: With DreamHost hosting, you can promote your website and establish your brand with each email you send.
- Automatic Daily Backups: DreamHost plans include daily website backups.
- Money Back Guarantee: Shared hosting customers can receive a prompt refund if they cancel within the first 97 days after signing up, and DreamPress customers can cancel within 30 days.
- Slow Average Speed: DreamHost’s average loading time is 1730 ms.
- Poor Average Uptime: DreamHost has only 99.73% uptime. That means you could potentially mean lost website visitor traffic and profit.
- Limited Live Chat Support: DreamHost offers live chat support at specific times and an email-based ticket system. This means that you may have to wait a while for a response.
SiteGround is one of the leading WordPress hosting providers, offering reliable and secure hosting solutions for WordPress users. With SiteGround, you can easily set up a WordPress website with just a few clicks. It also provides an easy-to-use control panel that allows you to manage all aspects of your website from one place.
Compared to Dreamhost, SiteGround offers more features and better support for WordPress websites at competitive prices. It also provides automatic backups, malware scanning and removal, and SSL certificates to make sure your website is always secure.
With SiteGround, you can be sure that your WordPress site will be running smoothly with no downtime or security issues.
Below are the SiteGround advantages and disadvantages that we discovered.
- Fast Servers: SiteGround servers are all highly optimized for performance. They use the Google Cloud platform, which is one of the fastest platforms on the market.
- Multiple Server Locations: SiteGround is one of the few companies that provide location-specific hosting, with 6 data centers located in the United States, Europe, Asia, and Australia.
- Good Uptime: This is one of the most consistent uptime hosting. SiteGround has had 99.99% uptime since 2014.
- Free SSL: Providing a free SSL certificate to protect your site with HTTPS
- Free Email Hosting: With SiteGround hosting, you can promote your website and establish your brand with each email you send.
- Automatic Daily Backups: SiteGround plans include daily website backups.
- Domain: SiteGround doesn’t offer a free domain so you have to buy a domain.
- Higher Price For Renewal: As a new user, you’ll save 73% off the price, but once your subscription expires, you’ll have to pay the full price (ranging from $19.99 to $44.99 per month) to renew your contract, which obviously upsets most people.
WPEngine is an industry-leading WordPress hosting provider that offers reliable, secure, and fast hosting for WordPress websites. With WPEngine, you can rest assured that your website will be hosted on a reliable platform with the highest uptime and speed.
They also offer advanced security features to ensure that your website is safe from malicious attacks. WPEngine also offers 24/7 customer support so you can get help whenever you need it.
With their user-friendly interface and powerful features, WPEngine makes it easy for anyone to get started with WordPress hosting.
The following are the WPEngine benefits and drawbacks that we discovered.
- Server Uptime: WPEngine has 100% server uptime and they offer compensation if your uptime falls below 99.99%.
- Team Management: It’s simple to assign permissions and roles to other users who share your account.
- Free SSL: Providing a free SSL certificate to protect your site with HTTPS.
- Automatic Daily Backups: WPEngine plans include daily website backups.
- Free Theme: WPEngine offers some premium themes in their plans.
- Pricing: WPEngine’s price is expensive compared to other hosting.
- Visitor Limit: A major disadvantage if your site has wildly fluctuating monthly visitor numbers.
FlyWheel is a WordPress hosting platform that provides users with an easy-to-use and secure hosting solution. It offers a variety of features such as free SSL certificates, automatic backups, staging environments, and more. With FlyWheel, users can quickly set up their WordPress website in just a few clicks and start building their business or blog.
FlyWheel also offers powerful performance optimization tools that can help speed up page loading times and ensure that your website runs smoothly at all times. Additionally, it has advanced security measures in place to keep your website safe from malicious attacks. All these features make FlyWheel an ideal choice for WordPress hosting needs.
Here are some advantages and disadvantages of FlyWheel
- Server Uptime: FlyWheel has 99.99% server uptime.
- Automatic Daily Backups: FlyWheel plans include daily website backups.
- Flywheel Hosting Built-in Caching: Caching plugins make it simple for your site to handle a high volume of requests while providing faster loading times. You get a free caching system with any Flywheel hosting plan.
- Domain: You need to buy a domain from a third party.
- SSL: You can not SSL certificates directly.
- Visitor Limit: A significant disadvantage if your site’s monthly visitor numbers fluctuate wildly.
- Price: The price is pretty expensive compared to other hosting.
In conclusion, our recommendation for the best WordPress hosting is:
- Bluehost: Best overall WordPress hosting (great value).
- SiteGround: Best WordPress support in the industry (premium hosting).
- DreamHost: Best WordPress hosting for small businesses.